A sprain is a damage to soft tissues (ligaments, muscles, tendons, nerves) under the influence of force that does not violate their integrity. You can learn how to recognize a sprain and basic first aid rules in Erste-Hilfe Kurs München.
Signs of sprain:
- sudden severe pain
- impaired joint movements
- bleeding into the soft tissues
First aid algorithm
Keep the injured person quiet, bandage the injured joint tightly, keep it immobile and reduce hemorrhage. Consult a trauma doctor if possible. These basic rules are necessary to know. You can learn it by visiting erste hilfe lehrgang.
The forced position of the limb and the deformation of the joint shape can immediately attract attention during the examination, but may not be evident under thick clothing in cold seasons. In this case, it is necessary to proceed by the method of exclusion from the worst-case scenario:
- Make sure the victim does not have a fracture and associated bleeding
- If the victim is conscious and adequate, ask him to move the distal (far) parts of the limb, that is, the fingers (hand, foot). With a fracture, movement is likely to be impossible or the victim will report severe pain accompanying the movement. With a dislocation, the bone remains intact and movement in the small distal joints will not cause the above symptoms.
Displacement of the articular head with desquamation of the joint capsule also belongs to the specific signs of dislocation. Notfallmedizin erste hilfe kurs recommends following first aid in this situation:
- Assess the situation and provide a safe environment for assistance
- Call an ambulance,
- Fix the injured limb in the position it was in after the dislocation, and give the limb an elevated position.
- Secure the limb with a bandage or hang it on a headscarf.
In case of dislocation of the joints of the lower extremity, the victim must be taken to a medical facility in the prone position (on a stretcher) with cushions placed under the limb.
A sprain or other injuries are one of the reasons why people should know basic first aid rules. You can find some courses on the Internet, just by searching erste hilfe kurs near me, ask friends, or find it in different medical organizations.